Link a new installation of Confluence to exisitng data

Our installation of Confluence (on a Linux server), has died. Not being a Linux user, I am installing Confluence on Windows 2012. How do I link the new installation to my exising database (on MS SQL)

1 answer

1 accepted

David,

First you need install the same version of Confluence that you had in your Linux machine. The next step is copy the entire <home-folder> from your Linux box.

You need to take a database backup from your Linux machine, and import it your MS SQL under Windows 2012, because Confluence can't share databases, which means that you can't use two Confluences that has the same database.

When you have everything in place, you need to edit the confluence-init.properties to point to the backed up <home-folder> that you took from Linux, and edit the file called confluence.cfg.xml that you will find inside of the same folder. You need to edit the "hibernate.connection.url"> line, making sure that you have the connection string for your database that is inside of your Windows Machine.

This should do the trick.

Cheers,
WZ

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

435 views 18 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you