Link a new installation of Confluence to exisitng data

David Morrissette November 14, 2013

Our installation of Confluence (on a Linux server), has died. Not being a Linux user, I am installing Confluence on Windows 2012. How do I link the new installation to my exising database (on MS SQL)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2013

David,

First you need install the same version of Confluence that you had in your Linux machine. The next step is copy the entire <home-folder> from your Linux box.

You need to take a database backup from your Linux machine, and import it your MS SQL under Windows 2012, because Confluence can't share databases, which means that you can't use two Confluences that has the same database.

When you have everything in place, you need to edit the confluence-init.properties to point to the backed up <home-folder> that you took from Linux, and edit the file called confluence.cfg.xml that you will find inside of the same folder. You need to edit the "hibernate.connection.url"> line, making sure that you have the connection string for your database that is inside of your Windows Machine.

This should do the trick.

Cheers,
WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events