Limit edit possibilities

Josefina Johansson February 3, 2023

We have a space at Confluence that everyone with access to our Company Confluence can read and comment but not edit. Now I want to add the possibility to edit existing pages for a group of people. But I don't want them to be able to create new pages. Is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Yao Chang Hsu February 3, 2023

I think it should like page restriction, when you have edit permission, you should have add permission.

I was afraid that it was so :(

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Josefina Johansson , in Cloud the create new content and edit existing content are under a single permission.

Add
Required for users to create OR edit content within a space. This permission is assigned separately for each content type (pages, blog posts, comments, and attachments).

providing users with the Add permission will give them the ability to add new pages and edit existing content.

I am not aware of a way to alter this. Maybe someone else has a better answer for you.

I was afraid that it was so. And normally I would agree that this is the best way to do it. But for this space it would have been great to give people the opportunity to contribute but not to create new pages.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events