Landing Page Anchor Fail

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2016

Hello,

We've created four anchors one page that link to the relative anchors on another page in the same space.

The anchor links work in that they go to the page, but they don't work because they don't go to the specific anchor.

We've double and triple checked we're entered all the anchors properly, and can see no anomalies in the page's HTML. So we're at a loss to know why this is failing.

Any ideas what's going on?

We're running 5.4.1, Server.

Cheers.

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

Well, you installed my custom HTML for going to an anchor inside of an expand macro, which could or could not be affecting your anchors.  One feature of that custom HTML is to fill in the page name when it is missing.  Have you tried including the anchor without the page name and seeing if it automatically fills in the information? Have you checked the HTML code to see the id=" of the anchor to see what it says there? Beyond this, I'd probably need a bit more information.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

Stephen, thanks you. I think everything is ok. However the id="" does not contain the anchor name.

If you add it manually, it persists when you save it, but it doesn't make the anchor work properly.

Cheers.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2016

Having tested this in every way possible, including copying the landing page and re-directing the link to that, it still doesn't work. 

I've tried the same link/anchor on a different page within the same space and it works properly

So now I'm convinced that this is something to do with the landing page but at a level that we cannot access directly - so it's not the HTML but further down.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events