Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels not inherited from the template

Elena_Lurye December 17, 2015

Hi,

We have an issue when labels are not being inherited when creating a page using a template.

It works fine creating page using a template directly, but not working when creating page using "create from template" macro.
This issue is not consistent - sometimes it works and sometimes is not. We tried recreating a template, deleting/adding labels to a template, recreating a page and macro button - we can't find a reason for this behavior.

Wondering is anyone experienced the same. I will appreciate any help on this.

Thank you

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

Please, is this your bug? It seems to be a recent issue. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37341

0 votes

But our page doesn't have any additional macros in it. Just one macro to create a page from template.
Strange thing is - it works - SOME tiimes..If I move page to a nother location and add some child pages under it - it stops working.

Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2015

Hi Elena, I the issue Steven mentioned isn't the same as yours, I'd suggest creating an issue yourself so that the team can triage it. Head over to https://jira.atlassian.com/ and hit Create.

Hi Giles, We had this for few days, we tried to fix as I described earlier and now it looks like it got fixed by itself - newly created pages inherit labels now.. Not sure what happened - will monitor it and will definitely submit an issue if we see it again. Thank you very much for all your help!

0 votes

we have 5.8.4

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

I've never had this problem. What version of Confluence is your organization running?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events