LDAP Group Name = Confluence Group Name?

Chuck Minarik September 11, 2014

I got some help from Atlassian in setting up a new LDAP User Directory like so:

Base DN: DC=estes,DC=us,DC=dom
LDAP Permissions: Read Only, with Local Groups
Default Group Memberships: business-users
User Object Filter: (&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=CN=EITDOCS Business Users,OU=Security Groups,OU=Enterprise Production,DC=estes,DC=us,DC=dom))
Group Object Filter: (&(objectCategory=Group)(CN=EITDOCS Business Users))

This is working OK, except that the Confluence Group "EITDOCS Business Users" was created (same name as the LDAP Group) and all the users were added to that group, instead of to the "business-users" group as specified in the Default Group Memberships parameter.

Which one of these parameters can I change so that the Default Group Membership group is used?

TIA...Chuck

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Hi Chuck, the users will be automatically added to the group defined in the field Default Group Memberships upon the first login, if the LDAP users haven't logged in yet, they won't be listed as members.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Chuck Minarik September 11, 2014

Actually, they showed up as members of EITDOCS Business Users as soon as the Confluence User Directory synced. 

Are you saying that in addition, they will be added to business-users when they log in?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Sorry, yes, exactly. That was what I meant to say. As soon as an user log in for the first time, it'll be added as member of the group business-users. ps.: if the user has already logged in at least once, it won't automatically add the membership.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events