LDAP Configuration issue

shivanand kadalli July 1, 2012

I have two Issues

1) I need to understand how to configure lDAP synch in such a way that based on groups filter for active directory groups, users should be downloaded and synched. and not seperately. Its simply : get only these groups and all users belonging to these groups.

2) Once the synch is setup, where does the confluence store this information in the system? I wanted to use this stored xml for future alterations in filter. The reason i want to do this way is, I use siteminder and in my case, for any alter, i have to change the siteminder settings and then needs confluence re-start which is a lenghty and potentially a disruptive step.

Thanks

shiv

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Hi, in Confluence 3.5 and above you can simply setup LDAP by going into Confluence Administration->User Directories. You can use an LDAP filter to do what you need.

This configuration file can be viewed by pressing Configuration Summary also under User Directories.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events