Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kubernetes: Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

Deleted user December 27, 2018

Hi,

I have imported a cloud backup to my confluence server setup. Unfortunately I am not able to login.

How can I integrate this tutorial to "Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights" of yours into a kubernetes based confluence deployment from the offical image repo:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

"Edit <installation-directory>/bin/setenv.sh or setenv.bat and add the following system property, replacing <your-password> with a unique, temporary password. "

--> Is there any way to inject this via environmental variables or something?

Greetings from Germany

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2018

@[deleted]

You should have a localadmin or admin account in Confluence Internal Directory. Try to log in using that account to regain access and then make the adjustments needed.

What do you use for User Management? JIRA? Crowd? AD?...

Best,

Deleted user December 28, 2018

Hi there,

I have imported a site-backup export from the cloud hosted version.

The admin regarding the cloud version is my personal user account, a default admin doesn't exist (like described in the docs..).

I already tried to login with this personal account, but the credentials are always rejected.

Now is my question on how to activate this default admin account via recovery mode in kubernetes..

BTW: Very bad migration process @[deleted]! :(

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2018

Did you try to query the DB @[deleted]?

@FadouaHow do you mean this? I am using a postgresql 9.6 like described in the docs, connection and setup were successful completed.

Is there a way to activate the admin account via the DB? That would be great..

Or something like via docker environmental variables..

Thanks a lot for your support :)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2018

@[deleted]  What do you use for user management? JIRA? Crowd? AD?

I just noticed on your previous answers that you don't have a default admin.

I am using the standard user account management of confluence.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2018

@[deleted]

Weird!!! If you are using Confluence Internal Directory you shouldn't then have a problem.

What error are you seeing on the logs?

@FadouaNo error in the log.

I am just not able to login via the accounts that are contained in the imported site backup from the cloud version.

Is here anyone from Atlassian that can give support at this point?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2018

@[deleted]Please click here and open a high priority ticket

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events