Knowledge base Blueprint

John Sharp October 6, 2020

I am looking to take advantage of the Knowledge Base Blueprint. I know that this blue print exists because it is referenced in the following article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf74/use-confluence-as-a-knowledge-base-1003129167.html

I am new to Confluence and have taken the Confluence Essentials course along with the various Skillbuilders courses.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Hi @John Sharp,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

To create a page based on the knowledge base template, just click on the ellipsis in the upper right hand corner and select Create from template, then in the create dialog look for Knowledge base.

Thank you Mikael for the quick response. I am not able to see "Create from template" by expanding the ellipses in the upper right corner. Please see screen capture below as to what I am able to see. 

Capture.PNG

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Look for Create, next to it you should have an ellipsis, and if you click that one it should bring up the templates. If you click Create it will use the blank page template.

I am able to create a blank page...but no "knowledge base blueprint" to be found at all.

I wonder if the IT Administrator has only given limited functionality and access???

Otherwise, I must be having one of those days. :)

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2020

You can bring up the templates if you use the keyboard shortcut C, that should bring up the create window. If you are not using an app that reconfigures your Confluence you should see something like this in Confluence Split_create_Annotated

See Create and Edit Pages for more information.

John Sharp October 11, 2020

Thank you for the responses. Been very helpful. I was able to get the Knowledge Base Blueprint installed and am taking advantage of the features in the blueprint. Saves me so much time and effort to take advantage of the preconfigured design.

Appreciate the help.

John

Jan DeFalco April 16, 2022

Hi John, I am having the same trouble. Can'tf ind Knowledge Base Blueprint in template library. Can you let me know how you eventually found it? Thanks. Jan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events