Knowledge Base creation - step 3 is not working

Joline Kaiser August 23, 2023

Dear Team,

We have created a confluence knowledge base space for our team according to this guide but we are stucking on step 3. below the "Create a knowledge base space" since if we click on "Create" no options for "Trouble-Shooting" or "How-to" comes up. Also when clicking on the three dots it doesn't work. We made sure, that the space is created as an knowledge base space and we have admin role - so this shouldn't be the problem. Our internal confluence admin who created the space for us didn't know, whats the issue here and referred us to your support. 

I am happy to provide more information if needed. 

Best regards
Joline

2 answers

0 votes
Joline Kaiser August 30, 2023

Hey Trudy, 
exactly thats what we are missing - we are already in contact with out confluence admin who also created this space for us but couldnt find a solution which is why I contacted the atlassian support... But seems like the is no solution for us and we have to find a different tool to use for our knowledge base - am I right? 
Anyhow, thanks for trying to help :)

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2023

Hello @Joline Kaiser 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

What version of Confluence are you using? You should be able to see the version number at the bottom of the Confluence login screen.

Joline Kaiser August 23, 2023

Hey Trudy, 
its Confluence 7.19.10 :) 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2023

In the 7.18.3 Confluence instance I can access, in a Knowledge Base space when I click on the Create button it just starts a new blank page without a template.

However if I click the ... button next to Create, then I get a list of all page templates (not just How-to and Troubleshooting) to choose from for my new page. What do you see when you click the ... button?

Joline Kaiser August 24, 2023

Yes, I see the same there (on the three dots) but I cannot choose any Knowledge Base templates (like how-to or troubleshooting)

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2023

What do you mean you "can't choose"? Do you not see them among the listed templates? Is there a link below the listed templates to "Show more"?

Joline Kaiser August 28, 2023

Unfortunately not.. There is no option neither for the templates nor for the "show more"....

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

Can you provide a screen image of what you see when you click the thee dots button next to Create?

Joline Kaiser August 29, 2023

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 09.23.36.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

And you don't find How-to or Troubleshooting anywhere in that list? Have you tried using the filter field to narrow the list?

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 9.37.15 AM.png

If you still don't find them, that suggest to me that perhaps somebody has disabled those templates from the Global Templates and Blueprints page under General Configuration for the application. A Confluence Administrator can check to see if that is the case.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2023

Hey Trudy, 
exactly thats what we are missing - we are already in contact with out confluence admin who also created this space for us but couldnt find a solution which is why I contacted the atlassian support... But seems like the is no solution for us and we have to find a different tool to use for our knowledge base - am I right? 
Anyhow, thanks for trying to help :)

Hello @Joline Kaiser 

As I said in my previous post your Confluence Administrator can check if somebody has disabled those templates from the Global Templates and Blueprints page under General Configuration for the application. I don't have an instance where I can test this out, but if the templates have simply been disabled then I would guess the Confluence Admin can re-enable them.

If that doesn't address the issue, or the templates are not present in the General Configuration, or they are present and already enabled, then your Confluence Administrator should contact Atlassian Support directly. 

Note that this forum is not the contact path for Atlassian support. This is a forum populated primarily by users of the Atlassian products where we try to help each other out.  If you have a valid support contract for your product, then your Confluence Administrator can contact Atlassian Support directly by opening a case through their portal at

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks, I will align with our confluence admin and then go the contact support ay if needed :) 

Hey Trudy, me again. 
Here is answer from our admin: 

what is the name of the template? I do not see any disabled templates in the Config > Global Templates and Blueprints

Do you have an answer for that? Else I will directly switch to the support link you shared above

Thanks!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2023

I find a blueprint for each one:

Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 4.23.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-30 at 4.24.14 AM.png

Joline Kaiser August 31, 2023

Thanks, we will discuss internally. 
Have a great day!!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2023

It would be great if you report back here whatever you discover the solution to be. That information could be helpful to another community member that encounters the same problem.

Joline Kaiser August 31, 2023

Will do :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events