Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base How-To Articles only showing 20 results?

Franklin Ye November 2, 2020

Hi, I'm setting up a knowledge base for my company right now and I've uploaded around 50 How-To Articles. However, when I open the "How-To Articles" page from the left-hand side navigation, the page only shows 20 articles that I've created. I know that I've created more and I can actually find them from the left-hand side where I see the 50ish child articles I've created under the How-To Articles parent page, but on the actual page it's only showing me 20, without any sort of pagination.

At the bottom I see a button for "Find More Results" but that just takes me to the search functionality. Is this intended behavior or how can I navigate this to keep things behaving more consistently?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hi @Franklin Ye 

We call this type of page an "index page" for the how-to articles you have in your Space.

This page uses Content Report Table Macro to show a list of pages.
This macro has a parameter to control how many pages to display (Maximum Number of Pages) and its default value is 20 pages.

If you edit this page you can edit the macro and then change the number of pages to display.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Franklin Ye November 4, 2020

@Thiago Masutti Thank you, that is really helpful. As an aside - can you link Confluence spaces to each other?

For example, I know that I can link my company's Knowledge Base to my company's Jira Help Desk so that I can point Users to articles from tickets, but can I link the articles to our internal wiki so that we can better keep track of changes?

Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hi @Franklin Ye 

I'm glad that helped :)

Regarding your question on linking Confluence Spaces, do you have two different Confluence instances (internal and external)?

Regards,

Thiago Masutti

Franklin Ye November 9, 2020

@Thiago Masutti Hi Thiago, I don't think so - when I click on Confluence I see the two spaces available for selection and I created them in the same manner.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events