Keep getting the error when publishing page - "your work is safe, but there's an issue"

Simon Shao January 11, 2021

It started a week ago when I'm trying to publish edited page content on Confluence Cloud, using Chrome. 

Confluence error.png

I tried to refresh the page, and publish again, the same error appears. 

When I close the page, the original content is showing. 

In order to publish the content, I will need to go on Chrome incognito mode or another browser (e.g. MS Edge). 

Did anyone come across the same issue before? What would be the problem? 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Simon Shao 

If it works on incognito or another browser, it might be a cache-related issue. 

If evan clearing cache doesn't work for you - a ticket to Atlassian support is in order. 

Simon Shao January 12, 2021

Thanks, Peter. After I clear the browser history and cache, it works now. 

1 vote
Allan Bryan Tiongson March 20, 2021

Not sure if this will work for everyone having this problem. Just go the Page history, then select one version and restore. After i did that, the error is  gone. Thanks.

Paulo Pedroso August 17, 2021

This one worked for me. Many many thanks.

0 votes
Jon Knowles January 23, 2021

None of the above works for me! It's really infuriating. Incognito, a. n. other browser, full cache clearance &c, deleting the drafts and trying again.....

It appears to affect further publication on the branch upon which the problem occurs. Working around by moving to another branch on the same tree (for the time-being and the purposes of maintaining sanity) means I can continue sideways but I have NOT found a way to continue with the affect work.

Ultimately I may have to try replicating the entire branch of work as a nearly named duplicate and then remove the diseased piece but this is very problematic when your 25 deep into a list of documents and then cannot add the remainder!

David Mitchell January 23, 2021

You shouldn't have to do that much bending-over-backwards to make the product work.  Have you opened a support ticket?  If you do, please share a link as I'd like to follow it.

0 votes
David Mitchell January 22, 2021

I had this same issue.  Refreshing and hard-refreshing the browser multiple times did not resolve it.  I didn't clear my cache and browser history, because I don't think you should have to sacrifice their browser history to get something to save properly.

What I had to do was open the same page in an incognito window.  That displayed an empty page.  I then copied my content from the original browser window into the document contained in the incognito window and saved it.  Then simply closed out the browser tab containing the original session.

It's not something you should necessarily have to do, but when all else fails, this will work without having to clear cache and browser history.

Niccolo Antinucci January 25, 2021

Hey David, it's actually not still working for me. 

Niccolo Antinucci January 25, 2021

Would you suggest to create a ticket then? 

David Mitchell January 26, 2021

Yes, absolutely.

0 votes
ingrid_berendt January 14, 2021

@Peter Bengov - Any other suggestions? I am having the same problem and I also cleared the cache and browser history, and that didn't help me. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events