Jira service desk and Confluence

Dear All,

For My IT team i use JIRA service desk but missing Knowledge base for users. as i understand Confluence Service desk section can be the right platform. my question is will license model will fit that.

currently my JIRA service desk license for IT team. and company users can access the service desk portal without the need of license.  will it be the same for Confluence Knowledge base?

Kind Regards,

Moshe.

2 answers

1 accepted

This all depends on the license you think you need. By the look of it you use a locally hosted JIRA (with JIRA service desk), so depending on how many users you need on confluence. If you set up a Confluence instance that uses JIRA to authenticate users, you can create a group called confluence-users that will grant access to very selected parts of your confluence instance.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Is your question about if Confluence licenses are required for Service Desk customers to access the knowledge base?

Thanks I got all info

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,602 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you