Jira issue link from Confluence is created by incorrect user

Dmitry Andrejev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

Jira issue link is automatically created, when Jira issue is mentioned on a Confluence page. However in Changes history for that issue in Jira user, who was used to create Application Link (between Jira & Confluence) is listed as one who created a link from Confluence to Jira (issue link). I believe, that user, who made page edit, which resulted in adding jira issue macro should be the one responsible for a change.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Hello Dmity,

How have you set up your Application link? In order to have the user changes be mirrored between confluence and JIRA you will need to set up as a "Trusted Application". My guess would be is that you currently have your applicaiton link set up as an "Basic Access". Please make sure your incoming and outgoing communciation is set to "Trusted Application" and think should work as you expect.

Dmitry Andrejev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

I've setup a link. This actually was problem on my side, because I did mass page import via XMLRPC API and jira links were created from user, which I used to access API. Later when I edited a page by other user and link was already present nothing was changed in Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events