Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira gadget in a confluence page

Federico Spagnolini November 4, 2011

Hi to all,

I read a lot of different posts about using Jira Gadgets in a conflence page. But I'm still confused and (most important) I'm not yet able to use them.

Official docs state here that External gadget instructions isn't valid for OnDemand (The information on this page does not apply to Confluence OnDemand.). Despite this I'm able to add external gadget and they appear in Inser/Edit Macro Confluence dialog.

When I insert the gadget the dialog raise a warning: "Please complete the configuration in the preview area first", but the gadget remains just show the rolling board and the Insert button is disabled.

I normally use Confluence pages to display Jira issues, I'm just not able to see gadgets and I've tested several different gadgets with same result.

I just discover this CONF-23666 but being a Jira Studio ... oops Jira OnDemand user I don't have access to confluence logs to confirm that the problem is the same.

The question is: does Jira gadgets work on Confluence under a OnDemand / Studio instances? If yes do you have any hint for me?

Do you have an example of gadget macro with parameters, in order to try to bypass macro dialog?

Thanks

Federico

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2011

The situation you are experiencing is due to a small bug in the current version of OnDemand. The bug report.

This issue should be fixed in the near future, but in the meantime, if you open a support request we can apply the work-around on your account and have this issue resolved for you.

0 votes
Paul Hooper March 21, 2017

I'm seeing this same issue in Confluence 6.0.6 after a migration from Cloud - is there a workaround ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events