Jira and confluence problems

Hi,

Finally we move to Jira donwload solution for our company. We haved Jira installed on demand months ago. Now install confluence but we don't have solution to connect jira users, to the confluence users:

- Our version of Jira is 6.0 beta and Confluence 5.1.2.

- When setup wizard of Confluence I'm running setup wizard but in this case, confluence always said that this is not a valid jira server. Is a problem with Jira 6 version?

- Now I'm cleaning the setup-wizard and have the user in the internal database, and now check all parameters for link users, but in this case I don't have the crowd option in confluence to bridge to the Jira users.

I think that all doc are about the JIRA 5.2/confluence 5.0 and doesn't have option to put users in the same version. Can you help me?

Cheers

2 answers

Hi James,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, so my apologies if I have misunderstood, but as I understand it you are trying to delegate user management to Confluence so I will try to help you with that.

There is a known problem with trying to delegate user management to JIRA during the installation phase, so the best solution is to setup Confluence normally and then delegate user mangement to JIRA afterwards by following the instructions in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management

I'm hopeful that once you have followed the instructions in that document this will get things setup how you want them, but my apologies again if I have misunderstood your question.

All the best,
John

Hi,

But in this case, I use the application manager to manage this users.

Jira 6 in applications links, doesn't have app name/app password. If you login from confluence, the user directory doesn't have any posibility to login into the jira server, and this is the error.

I don't know to use older version to Jira, but in this case I lose all of my projects.

I think that all connecting doc is not up-to-date.

P.S: Crowd is a good solution, but in this case need other service to maintain.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

104 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you