Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira and Confluence integration

Raghavendra Shirolikar June 20, 2019

I am unable to successfully i integrate Jira with confluence, Confluence is running with version 5.8.10 and Jira version 8.0.2. When i link confluence in Jira i do see an error,

"The remote certificate can't be trusted , Confluence may be using a self-signed SSL certificate or a certificate that was issued by a certificate authority that isn't known locally"

Jira is integrated with Okta and Confluence is not, need to key in the user credentials to login. Made sure i have logged in on both of the system. These are hosted on 2 different servers.

Coming on to linking Jira on Confluence, i was able to link with Jira but found errors, unable to use all the features(macros), i have linked in confluence under a space, going to Space tools-->integration-->Application links and when i try to add a link and authorize i do get an error with "

Authentication failed!

An error occurred while trying to obtain an access token. For application link "JIRA (certificate number) https://jira.com com.atlassian.applinks.application.jira.JiraApplicationTypeImpl@4cxyz"

and 

OAuth Problem Details

But if i skip this above step, i can add and select the project.( where system prompts for this)

system is not allowing me to add anything on the space( Edit-->Insert-->Jira issue filter)

Search key type is greyed out and when we click on the Create new issue and recently viewed throws the error as " Log in and approve to retrieve data from JIRA" and when we try to Log in and approve it takes to the same error as mentioned above "Authentication failed and OAuth problem details".

I am not sure if there is any version issue between two of the application or i am missing any steps.

Could you please share your inputs on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

For this "The remote certificate can't be trusted , Confluence may be using a self-signed SSL certificate or a certificate that was issued by a certificate authority that isn't known locally" have you made sure that the cert authority certs are imported into the java key store? If it is a local cert authority then you should import the root and any sub CA certs. The key store is located in JIRA_INSTALL/jre/lib/security/cacerts. The default password is "changeit'. You can use a tool like keystore explorer to import the root and sub certs if you want a nice GUI. Or you can use the command line java keytool, but I personally prefer a GUI.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events