Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira On-Demand integration w/Confluence On-Demand

Deleted user October 31, 2012

I've been find integration between the 2 but always seem to run into the "this information does not apply to on-demand" in brackets. Is there a way for me to search for a file in confluence and attach it to an issue in jira?

Also are there any gadgets that I can add to the jira dashboard that will enable me to get better visibility into confluence?

I saw all these great features on atlassian site that prompted me to purchase confluence but I thought there would be more integration between the 2 products and it doesn't seem that way.

Thank You.

2 answers

1 vote
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

As Nic mentioned, you can link a JIRA issue to a Confluence page. As for the gadgets, there's about 3 gadgets available in JIRA to show a Confluence page and feed updates from Confluence on a JIRA gadget.

If you are looking for specific functions, some might not be there yet or applicable to OnDemand, but mostly a veasible "integration" is in place.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2012

Depends on what you mean by "integration". The case you've outlined feels wrong to me - surely you should *link* the Jira issue to the Confluence page, rather than create a redundent copy of a document?

Hi Nic, you're right, it would be a link as opposedto creating another instance of a confluence page. Is that something that's available from Jira OnDemand to Confluence OnDemand?

Also Razaq, I did find those 3 gadgets in Confluence, however, the instructions say to copy the URL and then add them to the Jira Dashboard under 'add gadget' but there is not field once I get into that screen to paste the URL. Is there another way to get access to these in OnDemand or am I just not doing it correctly?

Thank You both for your answers, I appreciate the direction.

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

I believe you will need to contact Support, and we can add that URL for you manually, that is restricted to prevent from adding external non-OnDemand URLs for security reasons.

Cool thank you. I submitted a support request for the gadget additions.

I'm just looking for the best way to link to related pages in confluence from JIRA, I was hoping for a link right in the side bar nav on the project summary in jira to the homepage for example. thank YOu.

Deleted user November 2, 2012

So I found a link that had instructions on how to associate a jira project with a confluence space from the project admin-->Select option. However, even after I do this I'm not seeing where, from the JIRA Project summary I can easily link to the associated space in confluence. I'm seeing that I can get to it from the Project Admin page for each project in JIRA and then I can go to the Select section-->Confluence space. But that seems like it's a lot of steps.

We are a webdesign shop with multiple projects for per client.

Ideally I would like to be able to go to the Project Summary page from JIRA and have there be a direct link to the associated confluence space in the left list.

Also, when I create an issue I'm looking for a way to link to the confluence space so that if I have an asset loaded into the Confluence space I can link to that particular asset that directly relates to the issue.

I hope that makes sense, we really want to keep this product but it was supposed to help streamline our process so we don't have multiple versions of project related documents all over the place but as I see it now we would still have to download an asset from confluence to attach to an issue which would still create multiple versions of the same asset.

Please advise. Thank You.

Deleted user November 5, 2012

Can someone please respond to my last comment? Thank You.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events