Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Macro C&P

blatzfab January 3, 2020

Hi,

I am currently writing a little plugin for my IDE which exports release notes in a given format so I can simply paste it to Confluence and have it publicly available. My question is if there is a format which can be parsed and recognized into a jira macro when pasted?

My attempts so far: 

* https://company.jira.com/browse/PRJ-124

* {jira key=PRJ-124}

The second way assumes that there is possibility to set a macros properties in some kind of key value way, which would be best and most flexible I guess.

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

Hi @blatzfab How are you doing?

I am not sure there is a way to do it directly into the Editor.

But you could generate you text in the Confluence Markup format and then include it in the page going to Insert > Markup and pasting it.

This is what a Jira Macro looks like when using Confluence Markup:

{jira:server=Jira|serverId=WWW-WWW-WWW-WWW|key=ABC-678}

To confirm these parameter values for your installation, insert a Jira Macro in the page as usual and go to View Storage Format. There you will see the parameter names and values for the macro.

Hope this helps!

blatzfab January 6, 2020

Hey @Cristiano Mariano ,

Doing fine :), hope you as well.

Thanks a lot, this helps me already a bunch. The only issue now is that if I paste multiple lines of this at once:

The conversion into the macro does not work anymore

Like Cristiano Mariano likes this
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2020

hI @blatzfab !

I am using Confluence 6.12.2 and Jira 7.13.0 and the conversion worked normally. these two lines you put became two macros.

Maybe you could use only one macro with a JQL query like this:

{jira:server=Jira|serverId=WWW-WWW-WWW-WWW|jqlQuery=key in (PRJ-17520,PRJ-16691)}

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events