Jira Link to Confluence hide for users without license

ferdinand July 31, 2017

Hi there,

I have a question about the Jira and jira confluence link. If a user got a confluence license, he can see the link in Jira and switch to confluence with it.

But if a user do not have rights/a license for confluence the link looks like in the photo above.

Is it possible to hide the link for users with no permissions/license for confluence?

Thank you!

Ferdinand

jira.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Hi Ferdinand, 

I do not know of any setting that would allow you to hide the link.  If a JIRA issue is dynamically listed in Confluence, its existance is shown.  As you've noticed, whether or not a user can see the name of the linked page and the content on the page is tied to authentication.

One "sort of" workaround:  on the Confluence page, don't dynamically add the Issue ID or use the JIRA Issues macro.  Instead, paste the issue ID in plain text.  No link will appear in JIRA.

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

ferdinand August 9, 2017

Hi Rachel,

Well the Link from Jira to Confluence is important for us. But I think I found something, what would help me.
Thank you very much!

Ferdinand

ferdinand August 16, 2017

Well, in this Link
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43781?src=confmacro

it says, that if there is a Jira and a Confluence User, he will geht an Error 500 when he do not have the permission to enter the confluence Link. Thats the Problem above.
I use Jira and Confluence. Confluence has the same Users like Jira and they all see the Error 500. How can I change it to a "no permission" errror?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events