Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Groups not recognized by Confluence?

jared forrester September 14, 2011

Hello,

We've been testing an upgrade from Jira 4.1.1 to 4.4.1 and Confluence 3.2.1_01 to 3.5.13. One problem we're encountering is that the Jira groups are not appearing in Confluence.

The Jira User server has been set up and the user directory has been added to Confluence. Users are able to log into Confluence but of course get a not permitted error when trying to access anything.

Are we missing anything obvious? If there is anything else I should provide to help answer this, please let me know.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

Hi Jared,

All users imported by an JIRA User, must be imported to confluence-users and/or confluence-administrators groups, otherwise the *Not Permitted* page will be shown. Also, is important that these both groups have the *Can Use* checked on *Confluence Admin > Global Permissions*. So please check if this is set in your Confluence instance.

I hope this helps.

WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events