Jira + Conflunce = A big mess...

Fredrik Sjöbeck June 4, 2012

I added a the trial license for confluence to our OnDemand JIRA license to try out and now I've lost multiple menu functions and can't enter administration mode. The entire system seems to operate much much slower than previously. Not to mention all of a sudden everything looks different - why?

Project menu is gone, so there's no way to switch project unless I got into a submenu somewhere?

Administration link on the top right is gone?

My login name and history isn't visible at all times, only when hovered over?

Can't delete pages from confluence for projects that aren't sposed to have them... I don't want all projects to have pages in confluence since some of the projects are legacyprojects no longer being worked on...

Can't delete one of projects due to not having permission when logged in as administrator?

Can't find out which users have access to which parts of confluence and which projects? The edit permissions is nowhere near clear in what can be done by who, and it doens't tell me who can actually view that project in a good way, it looks like the developer should be able to see it but they can't?

I tried changing the permissions for a project to be set to only the administrator now appearntly not even the administrator can access that project - WTH?

Both the JIRA-administration and confluence administration is a HUGE mess of information scattered all over the place with no actual logic behind it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2012

Hi Fredrik,

I understand your frustration and let me try to give a bit of explanation to what happened here:

- When you have just JIRA OnDemand the system runs pretty much like a standoalone JIRA installation with all the default UI that you're used to on a JIRA only installation.

- When you add any other tool on the OnDemand stack (Confluence on your case) the system will automatically switch to a different UI that is the default OnDemand (formerlly known as JIRA Studio) UI that has a unified Adminstration and a bunch of other unified operation, like the creation of Spaces for each existing JIRA Project, unfortunetelly this is by design and can't be changed, you can altough restrict the access to the Spaces only to a subset of users so effectively they would appear to not exist.

Please feel free to open a Support Request at http://support.atlassian.com if you are still having any problems or doubts using the system that our Support Engineers are ready to help you out.

Best Regards,
Felipe Cuozzo
OnDemand Developer

0 votes
Oliver Sorge January 13, 2013

hello Frederik, hello Felipe.

How did you solved that problem? We have the same problem but we did not connected JIRA to Confluence.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Oliver

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2013

Hi Oliver,

Can you please explain which part of the problem you have, keep in mind that this question applies to the OnDemand service.

We are also working to improve the administration area of the OnDemand service to make it more organized and avoid the huge UI impact for customers that come from the Standalone versions to the OnDemand world.

Best Regards,
Felipe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events