Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira-Confluence Users

Indy Nagpal August 24, 2015

Hi

I have around 30 JIRA Users and about 16 of them are setup in Confluence.

Any new users I'm adding to Jira, and allowing them confluence access (confluence-users group), get a permissions violation error when they browse to the confluence section.

I've tried this for existing users as well as new users, same result – confluence throws this error: "You are not permitted to perform this operation."

I've compared permissions/user groups etc. of the users who can view confluence with those are getting this error, and there is not difference.

Is anyone else facing such an issue? Is this the right place to ask this question?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Taha

We are using the cloud version of Jira. So not sure about 'same' directory as we didn't install it.

Also, I just removed the user, and recreated him with access to confluence, and still no luck. The same perms error.

Our confluence install/permissions is what comes with the default install. We haven't customized it.

The perms violation is occuring on the base url itself (not on a space inside).

It is almost as if permissions assigned to the user are somehow cached and confluence is not seeing those new permissions.

Any other thoughts?

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

You might ask user to clear this browser cache and cookies but I don't think it is the issue. You can check steps mentioned in this link - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Unable+to+Log+in+to+Atlassian+Cloud+Instance If it still doesn't work then raise the case with Atlassian.

Thanks Taha... It is not the browser cache (we've tried different browsers, incognito mode etc.). I've looked at URL you've posted and none of that applies. Can you please advise where can I raise the case with Atlassian? I can't seem to find any link to a webpage or email where I can log such a request. Thanks. Thanks for your help.

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

Refer this link for creating Support Ticket with atlassian - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Creating+a+Support+Issue You need to login with your Atlassian Account here https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2015

Hi Indy,

Your JIRA and Confluence are using same directory right ?

If yes then you can check in *Confluence Global Permission*, which group has permission to login to confluence and add user to this group. Once you identify this group then user should be able to login to confluence.

Also make sure users are login to confluence base URL for testing purpose. If users are able to login to confluence but getting permission violation on particular space or page then there might be additionally restriction set on that page which is preventing users from accessing that page.

Taha 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events