cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD customers need access to pieces of locked pages

Koen Bruggeman August 12, 2022

hello all,

I have a JSD project, with a KB linked.

The KB contains pages with entire service manuals from our products. The customers from the JSD portal need to be able to see only pieces of the service manual pages. Therefore, I locked the service manual page, and used excerpts.

Then I created an unlocked page in the same KB, and inserted the above excerpt. The unlocked page is accessible, but the excerpt doenst load. It shows an error. Probably because the the excerpt is from a locked page; the complete service manual.

How can I make this viewable for customers without having to make a dupplicate because that is the great idea behind Confluence, right? Less copies?

Is there no setting which can give JSD customer permissions to these kind of excerpts?

Thanks for your input.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hi @Koen Bruggeman 

Unfortunately you need to make copies :/ Excerpt macro respect permissions and restrictions so it won't allow to display something that customer can't see.

I always make two branches - one for internal use and one for the clients. Even it means that I need to edit pages twice.

Regards,

Seba

Koen Bruggeman August 16, 2022

thats lame

but thanks for your reply.

guess ill work the way around then;

include the clients-permission-page in my locked servicemanual-page.

however, an excerpt option 'ignore permissions when used as excerpt' should be the best solution in terms of organizing your work

Like Sebastian Krzewiński likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events