cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL to show all issues (non paged)

Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

I want to display a list of ALL issues on a Confluence page but currently the macro/jql forces paging. How do I instrut to 'load all at once' or 'no paging'?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

There is an open dev item for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30116

0 votes
Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013

Appears there are many people complaining about this limitation:
https://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/07/display-jira-issues-in-confluence-more-power-more-control/#comment-107363

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2013

You do not. Jira won't return all issues because you could overload it.

JQL is not the problem here, that really does return all the issues, it's the macro itself and the code in Jira that serves up the results. I suspect you could code an alternative interface which a macro could use instead, but you'll be running the risk of performance issues.

Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013

Why does Jira allow me to ad-hoc query but not specify the number of results I want back? Is it not my choice to what extent I want to 'load' the system?

The problem is that the Confluence page wont display all the issues and instead provides a link which takes the user to Jira Issues - I dont want that as it requires us to open up Jira as well not to mention the exposing the Issue Searcher to boot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events