Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JQL for displaying the issues 'done' in a particular year

Hello people! I need your help regarding JQL for pulling the number of projects done in a particular year.  Through Jira Issues/Filter macro, I have tried the below query:

project = XXXXX AND assignee = "XXXX@XXXX.com" AND status = "Done" AND updatedDate <= '2022-12-31'

However, the above query also pulls the number of issues updated after the year.

For example: If my project has been done in 2022 and I have comment on the same project in 2023, the project is getting pulled for the done issues of 2023 and not 2022, of course that's because of the updated date.

Any idea how we can pull the 'done' issues for just that/a year?

Thanks in advance! 

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Abhiruchi A. Gaikwad 

Welcome to the community!

Please try :

project = XXXXX AND assignee = "XXXX@XXXX.com" AND status changed to Done AFTER startOfYear(-1) and status changed to Done BEFORE startOfYear()

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Hi @Sushant Verma

Thank you for providing your input, it surely helped resolve my query.

Have a great day!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 17, 2023

Hi @Abhiruchi A. Gaikwad ,

It is worth noting that using updated date captures any sort of update on an issue. So yes if you comment on a closed issue it will be included in your above query. Also in your above query this will show every issue before the 31st day of December 2022. Is that what you want? Or are you, for instance, trying to find all issues that were resolved in 2022? Here are a couple of queries that might help you.

resolved in 2022....

project = XXXXX AND assignee = "XXXX@XXXX.com" AND status = "Done" AND resolutiondate >= startOfYear(-1) and resolutiondate < startOfYear()

Note, this assumes that you are setting the resolution date when you move an issue to Done. If not then maybe the following would be better.

project = XXXXX AND assignee = "XXXX@XXXX.com" AND status changed to Done AFTER startOfYear(-1) and status changed to Done BEFORE startOfYear()

Of course the above is specific to the "DONE" status so if you have any other done statuses then you need to consider that in the query.

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Thank you for your suggestions, they surely helped me!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Jan 17, 2023

Hi @Abhiruchi A. Gaikwad welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Try the following JQL query:

project = X AND assignee = Y AND status = Done AND status changed AFTER 2022-01-01 AND status changed BEFORE 2023-01-01

Hi @Dave Mathijs

Thank you for this! It surely helps!

Have a great day!

Like Dave Mathijs likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events