JIRA macro does not refresh when loading Confluence page

Robin DiNunzio April 28, 2015

I saw a related question asked, but the response was not clear to me (I'm a fairly new user). I have built a page in Confluence that includes several JIRA macros. Whenever I load the page, the macros don't automatically refresh. I have to actually click on the refresh icon in order to see the most current issues related to the filter I've set up in the macro. Can someone let me know if this is expected behavior, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2015

Hi Robin,

As far as I know, refreshing the page should refresh the macros on it, unless something is going on. May I know the question you saw and also the app versions of Confluence and JIRA?

Have you tested within the latest versions and checked if the same behavior is replicated there?

EDIT:

I've tested with a Confluence 5.7.1 and JIRA 6.4 and I could replicate the issue. It's a bug related to the cache of the JIRA issue, which does not refresh automatically:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37385

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Robin DiNunzio April 29, 2015

Hi Rodrigo - here is the link: Setting Confluence's "Jira issues" macro to auto-refresh I will conduct some additional testing now that I know that should work. We are using version 5.5.6. I'll let you know what happens. Thank you!

My Confluence page contains several JIRA macros that reflect a variety of different statuses in my workflow. When I create a new issue and reload the Confluence page, the issues appears correctly. However if I change the status of the issue and reload the page, the issue is not reflected in the macro that contains the status that I changed it to. I can only rectify this by clicking the macros' refresh buttons.

JIRA Project Management Software (v6.3.13#6344-sha1:62d2b41)

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Hi Robin, I've opened a bug report for you here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37385 I recommend to comment and vote on it to increase it's priority. For now, the only workaround is to manually update the macro. Cheers, Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events