JIRA issue macro in table view in Confluence does not link the page to JIRA?

Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Hello!

JIRA issue macro in table view in Confluence does not link the page to JIRA?

When JIRA issue macro is added to a Confluence page this will show the mentioned page in the JIRA ticket. However in table view this functionality does not work.

Please help with this issue.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Hi Andrii,

That's definitely not the expected behavior. It should automatically link to the Jira issue.

Can you show me a screenshot of what it's currently doing? Please also let me know your Jira and Confluence versions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hi Shannon.

We have:

* Confluence 5.10.4

* JIRA v7.2.7

I think I gave not enough explanation, sorry.

The issue is that when I set Table view for JIRA Issue macro in Confluence, specifying one issue, in JIRA instance there is no "mentioned in" option. It is present in JIRA only if Single Issue is set in Confluence.

Can you please help on this?

Thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Hi Andrii,

It sounds like the following bug, which I was able to find, and then noted you already discovered it and commented on it:

I recommend you continue to watch the issue for updates when the issue is resolved. At that time, they will let you know the release version so you'll be able to upgrade your instance to the fixed version.

Do let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2017

Shannon,

Thank you for the information.

Shiben Bhattacharjee June 19, 2018

Hello, this is a problem we are facing at my work place as well. We have some information in table view in a confluence page, and those descriptions need to be created into tasks. When we do, the tasks does get created but the page does not show the Jira link which we have to manually edit and add to the page later.

EDIT: want to add this is not always. Sometimes it does work.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 20, 2018

@Shiben Bhattacharjee Thank you for that feedback! Please make sure to also include your comments on the bug ticket so our developers can see it as well.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Shiben Bhattacharjee likes this
Peter Gabriel March 7, 2019

This problem happens in the cloud too.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2019

Peter,

Thank you for reaching out! You can find the Cloud version linked to the same bug I shared earlier.

Here it is for easy access:

• CONFCLOUD-39845 JIRA issue macro in table view in Confluence does not link the page to JIRA

Please vote and watch in order to be updated of any changes.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events