Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA + Confluence Extranet

Nelson Abbey June 3, 2014

Hi

Am doing some footowrk on producing JIRA + Confluence Release notes to a password controlled Extranet site for customers.

Am looking for case studies, and even more, examples that show the capabilities and performance available. Reading the documentation and watching the Atlassian videos, I am not really sure what we can do. I think this is the best solution,

We need the following:

• Expose some JIRA spaces to our customers.
  • Ability for users to sort output by version, component, platform, and some other bits.
  • Nice PDF output
  • Good performance, ie, no crazy impact on JIRA database.
  • If possible, integration with Sales Force

Thanks, any info would be much appreciated!

(Already using jiraissues macro)

1 answer

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

Use the PDF View Plugin for JIRA.

Expose some JIRA spaces to our customers.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what this requiment is meant to be.

Ability for users to sort output by version, component, platform, and some other bits.

The easiest to do this would be using an URL parameter to specify the sorting dimension (e.g. sort_by=version or sort_by=component).

As you have full access to the "request" object in the Groovy scripts that are executed by the plugin, you can check the request parameters and resort your issue list accordingly, before rendering the final PDF document.

> Nice PDF output

The PDF documents are generated from templates, and you have 100% freedom about the look.

I attached a simplistic sample release note document below.

> Good performance, ie, no crazy impact on JIRA database.

Unless your release notes contain hundreds or thousands of issues and you don't use a low-end server, it should not be a problem.

> If possible, integration with Sales Force

The plugin provides scripting capabilities, which allows connecting to the SalesForce API (see these: 1, 2, 3), although I don't have first hand experience with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events