Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in atlassian-confluence.log that don't exist?

Steffen Breitbach October 12, 2021

Hi Community,

my Confluence regularly reports 1 known issue in atlassian-confluence.log (via email, trough the periodic scan). The mail even says something like "see details below".

However, there are no details. When I go to https://$myConfluenceServer/plugins/servlet/troubleshooting/view/ and run the log analyzer again, it also finds nothing.

Why is Confluence sending the mail then?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

It's hard to say without knowing what the error or warning is in the log - could you have a read of that and find the section the warning is talking about?

Steffen Breitbach October 13, 2021

If I only knew...

I have 258 warnings and 16 errors in my atlassian-confluence.log. Which one is the one the log scanner is complaining about (and why don't I see it anywhere)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

It could be complaining about any of them, there's no way to know without seeing them!

Also, logs usually get rotated or rolled over, you may find the errors have flowed into an archive or been removed, especially if your current log has a lot going into it.

Steffen Breitbach October 13, 2021

Well. I had the issue before. I simply deleted atlassian-confluence.log and the issue was gone. 258 warnings and 16 errors later, I again get the message that there is some kind of weird not-error in my logs.

I had thought that this might have been a known error in Confluence, but there also was nothing in the Confluence Server project in JIRA.

As I can't file support requests with the smallest license, I guess I pretty much have to live with the issue, haven't I?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events