Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Unarchive a space

CONNIE NGUYEN January 4, 2021

I have trouble with the Archive/Unarchive feature in Confluence when trying to archive the content in the Space's Overview and replace with the new content.

To archive the old content in the Space's Overview, I clicked on the menu and select "Archive":

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 1.54.27 PM.png

By doing that, it seemed to archive the entire other pages inside this space:

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 1.57.02 PM.png

I tried to bring back the other pages that I didnt intend to archive by going to the Archived pages and restored the archived page from there:

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 1.59.45 PM.png

However, after clicking on Restore, it didnt bring back the other pages of the space:
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 2.02.44 PM.png

When i went into Space Setting, here is what i saw:
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 2.04.19 PM.png

When I clicked on the archived page inside Archived pages, the other pages of the space showed up on the left-side bar:

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 2.07.07 PM.png

So, it looks like the whole space was archived, but the Space settings didnt match the document for unarchiving the space. I need help to bring back those pages ASAP.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2021

Hello @CONNIE NGUYEN,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local Confluence, when I archived the Overview (that was created automatically, not a home page set by me), all the pages were kept on the page tree.

Then, if I set another page as the home page, only pages under that parent page will show on the page tree. 

In this case, before setting a new home page, it's necessary to make sure that all those pages are a child of the one you need to set as the home page.

Please, restore the page, add it as the home page again. Then, move the pages on the page tree to a new parent that will also be the new Overview. Archive the old Overview and then, select the parent that contains all those pages as the new Overview.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events