Issue with Confluence Macros

Simon Bauer January 7, 2015

Hi,

our developers have created many macros for formatting etc. when working with confluence. However all of a sudden, the macros don't get displayed any more. When you click the "other macros" button, only the few standard macros from confluence are displayed.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

6 answers

0 votes
Simon Bauer March 3, 2015

Does anyone alse have some ideas? How can I activate that friggin' plugin?

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 27, 2015

Hi @Simon Bauer,

kein Problem smile

Does this answer solve your problem:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/216979

Simon Bauer January 27, 2015

Hey, this sounds promising. I'll try it next week when we have our next maintenance window where I can stop Confluence. Thanks for the link!

Simon Bauer February 2, 2015

Well, that didn't help. The Metadata Provider Plugin is still disabled.

0 votes
Simon Bauer January 27, 2015

metadata.jpgHey, sorry for the delayed answer. I think I've found the solution: The addon "Default Macro Metadata Provider" is deactivated. Unfortunately, there's a message saying that the addon can't be activated due one or severals errors. It doesn't tell me, which errors that are, though.

I've attached a scrennshot (in german, unfortunately). Any ideas on how I can activate the addon respectively the modules of the addon?

0 votes
Simon Bauer January 8, 2015

Okay, three steps back!

The missing macros aren't user macros, they are, in fact, addons. I got this fact yesterday after I finally was able to talk to one of our developers (they are using the macros), but apparently I can only write three posts per day and thread. wink So sorry for the false information!

The addons (for example Gliffy) are still installed and most of them are up to date. I've updated the addon handler but that didn't help. The addons still don't get displayed when working on a Confluence article (regardless if they're up to date or not).

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

Are you addons enabled? May be case-by-case approach would be more efficient? What add-on is not working? :)

Simon Bauer January 8, 2015

Thanks for your help! When I go to "configure addons", I don't see an option to enable or disable any addons. Besides, all of them are not showing up in Confluence, not just some.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2015

May be plugins have been skipped due to incompatibility when you did a Confluence update-ugrade? Which Confluence version you have used before?

Simon Bauer January 9, 2015

There may has been an update prior to the missing of the addons. Unfortunately, this error exists since long before I started working at this company. I can't really tell when the last update was and which version we used before. But I think version incompatibility doesn't explain why I can't see ANY addons. Sure, some could become incompitable, but ALL of them? ;)

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 9, 2015

Do you find the plugin-jar-file somewhere?

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
January 10, 2015

It is possible that all of them are incompatible. Could you install checklists plugin and get it to work?

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2015

Are they (user macros) are visible in Confluence Admin -> User Macros (/admin/usermacros.action) ?

If yes, then verify the visibility of those macros: they could be set to be visible only to administrators...

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
January 7, 2015

Hi Simon,

• do you use confluence server or on-demand?
  • did you change the confluence version?
  • did you check, if the plugin is still installed and all modules are enabled or do you use user macros?
  • did you install any new plugins? especially plugins which contains macros, maybe they use the same macro key
  • are the macros still rendered in the frontend

Hey Paul, thanks for the quick answer! I'll do my best to answer your questions: - We're hosting Confluence on our own server, - We're using self-created macros, but as I said, they don't get displayed any more. I've created a "test macro" and when I try to edit a Confluence article, they simply don't show up in the macros list. It seems like they don't exist at all. - Which plugins / modules have to be installed for the macros to run smooth? - Regarding your questions if I changed anything: I'll have to ask my colleagues, because I just found out that the problem exists longer, than I'm in this company. Grrr, I LOVE reverse engineering. ;)

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
January 7, 2015

As I understand you made User Macros: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros right? Or did you write your own plugin and added macros there? I am not quite sure which plugins have to be installed to make these macros work. - Which Confluence Version do you currently use? - Do you know when the macros worked last? Has there been a confluence update after? You could try to install a marketplace macro plugin like this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.comalatech.checklists and see if this works. Maybe this will give yo a hint, what is wrong.

Yes, we made user macros. We're currently using Confluence 5.5, build 5501. I'll check if the macros stopped working after an update - as soon as the colleague finally shows up in the office. ;) Oh and thanks for the link to the plugin, I'll check that out.

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
January 7, 2015

You could also check the status of your "user macros" in the admin section (administration > configuration > user macros).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events