Issue while update a recently added site

Sven-Rainer Gärtner September 15, 2017

Hello Support Team,

we are 4 persons in your confluence team - all with the same rights and in the same groups. but if one of my colegues adds a comment to a sheet and want to distribute it - we get this error message. which means: An error occurred during the processing of the request.

I tried to delete the document and generate it new - but this didnt solve the error - i tried do edit the document with my own account and got the same message too. We have some documents without this error.

i get nuts with this problem - can you help us to solve this?

We upgraded confluence to the newest branch 6.4.0 - but its still not solved.

issue.PNG

Kind regards,

Sven-Rainer Gärtner

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Hi Sven,

I found some support cases where that error (There was an error processing the request) was coming up when saving changes.

The issue turned out to be caused by saving changes that included unusual content such as links embedded in tables, images that were copied and pasted in or content imported from MS Word. 

To help narrow down the issue, please check your logs for errors such as:

com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.XhtmlException: com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.XhtmlException: Missing required attribute

and

Error unmarshalling resource identifier fragment

Another way we can troubleshoot is to look at the storage format of one of the pages that is generating an error when you publish changes. To provide the storage format, click on the ellipsis (…) in the top right-hand corner and select View Storage Format from the dropdown. Copy and paste the storage format into a code block when you update this thread.

Finally, a workaround that helped some of the other customers was to turn off Collaboratiive editing by setting the editing mode to Off under Confluence Admin>Collaborative Editing. Please note: Existing shared drafts will be lost and can't be retrieved. Check your users have published any drafts they want to keep before you make this change.

I look forward to examining the storage format and hearing what you find in the logs. The ones to check are:

• <confluence_install>/logs/ (anything recent in this directory
  • <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
    (The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties)

Thank you,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events