Issue create from Confluence - missing fields

Melanie Bosselman June 2, 2014

I'm creating JIRA issues from Confluence by highlighting text or using a table, but it only defines 3 fields: Project, Summary, Description. A thorough search of support materials indicates that many more fields should be available (assignee, component, fix version, etc). How do I control this and enable the additional fields. I'm using Confluence 5.4 and Jira Macros add-on.

5 answers

0 votes
Paz Grimberg February 25, 2021

Hi there!!

If you like to enhance jira issue creation from confluence, check out Jcreate, new app which allows you full Jira experience. You can try here

0 votes
Philipp Eckelmann May 20, 2015
0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2014

Hey Melanie,

Can you confirm which article have displayed that the highlight feature for JIRA macros should display the additional fields? I'm asking about that because, it seems that from default, all the mentioned fields will only be applied for the JIRA issue Macro instead of the macro only using the highlight feature.

By confirming this, we can see if we are facing some kind of issue or an expected behaviour.

Hope it helps ya!

Cheers,

Giu

Melanie Bosselman June 12, 2014

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.extra.jira- "Create new issues" screenshot displays add'l fields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reiLHEIlXDc#t=25- at 0:25 screenshot displays component, AffectsVersion, in addition to the fields that I see in our instance.

Melanie Bosselman June 18, 2014

I have shared the links for the pages that illustrate the "Create Issue" function, showing the extra fields that I am expecting to see. Do you have any suggestions for me, in order to resolve this problem?

LISA Wilson October 15, 2015

@Melanie Bosselman Did you ever get a resolution to your issue? I'd like to add "Epic Link", but can't figure out how to do it.

0 votes
Melanie Bosselman June 12, 2014

We have upgraded both JIRA and Confluence to the most recent version, and we have re-linked the applications and re-created the trusted communication. The fields available when the issues is created in Confluence have not changed at all.

Is there another setting someplace that controls this behavior?

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Melanie,

This is mainly controlled by the Application Links setup , the project permissions scheme as well as the field configuration scheme for that project.

Application linking sometimes causes some fields do not appear which happened to us in the past and re-applying the application linking fixed the issue and other fields started to appear. I believe you already are on top of the field and permission schemes for that project as in JIRA you are seeing that fields.

Melanie Bosselman June 2, 2014

I will try that - Thank you!

Melanie Bosselman June 10, 2014

We re-did the application linking; no change in the fields that appear. Are there other options that we should try?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events