Issue: As a confluence space admin I can see restricted pages but cannot remove the restriction.

Leo April 17, 2019

I am a site admin and confluence space admin. I have been sent a confluence URL by a user who does not have permission to view the page. I get the same message when using the link. I can see a list of restricted pages (although the original URL sent to me does not appear to be listed) but I cannot remove the restrictions on the pages - I don't have permissions. The original Admin has long since left the organisation.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Regards,

Leo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Hi @Leo ,

as space administrator, you should see the restricted pages using the following url:

https://<your-confluence>.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/listpermissionpages.action?key=<your-space-key>

There you should be able to remove the restriction.

Leo April 18, 2019

Hi @Thomas Schlegel yes that has helped. I had found the page before but I think it takes a little time for the restrictions to be removed. I have removed restrictions on a couple of files and it has worked.

The URL sent to me by the user is not listed there and I still cannot access it. The URL suggests I am in the right space, but I am double checking details......

Thanks,

Leo

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

You're welcome, @Leo 

If you think your question is answered, please accept the answer. Other user with similar questions can find answers more easy if they are accepted.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events