Is there one way to add one or more people to page to let them can receive mail?

John Zhang March 19, 2014

Is there one way to add one or more people to one page to let them can receive mail? not watcher.

At the beginning, I feel the "user mention" of Insert menu is the funtion, but I found the user can't receive one mail after I set @username. Now, I hope page have this function. Is there one way to realize this function?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

You can also do what people that migrated from Bugzilla always seem to want to do. Create a user picker custom field called "CC" or something similar, then put it on the screens where you want people to be able add names to spam. Then, create a custom notification that spams the users that are in the user picker for each action that you want them spammed. In some ways, it duplicates the default Watcher function, but it's probably what you really want. If you put the field on the create screen, people can load it up on issue creation and everyone gets spammed when things change.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2014

Hello John,

As far as I know, this can only be achieved by the watcher feature. You must add the people you want to receive email to the watchers list of an specific page or space and they will receive emails for updates.The mention should also send an email when you comment and mention the user the first time but it's doesn't mean it will receive updates for the page from now on.

On a side note, you may want to check our marketplace for some plugin that could perform this functionality, however I couldn't find one on my initial research.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events