Is there any way to track who used the Run CLI Actions in Run with user form ?

Yvan Le Texier March 24, 2016

Hello,

I'm evaluating Run CLI Actions  inside Run with a user form and parameters macro to allow JIRA project admins to add/remove users from selected project groups without being JIRA Admins

So basically,

• A generic JIRA admin user is defined in a profile inside Run CLI actions configuration
  • Confluence page view is restricted to corresponding JIRA project admins

For Auditing purpose, we are required to track real Confluence users using this form and to see the action that was done.

Is there a way to do that, any existing log ?

Can I use something based on How to archive pages with dynamic content, will it work using Run CLI actions inside Run with a user form and parameters macro?

Yvan

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

I think there are a number of alternative depending on what you need. Perhaps the one you suggested is the right one for you. Here are some other idea that can be added to the form submit:

1. Insert a row into a database using the SQL Macro 
  2. Use the CLI macro to append text to a page or add a comment
  3. Use one of the scripting macros to do something else

For #2 it would be something like the following using a profile that specifies product=atlassian and a common user and password.

--action run

@DATA:
jira --action getServerInfo --server https://jira.examplegear.com
confluence --action addComment --comment xxx --space XXX --title "my page" --server https://wiki.examplegear.com
Yvan Le Texier March 25, 2016

Thanx for the reply.

Do you think I can "Use the CLI macro to append text to a page or add a comment" but only if the previous CLI command succeeded ?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2016

Yes, this is possible. I will update my answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events