Is there any way to distinguish the difference between personal space and site space?

Im my site, some users created their own spaces following site space creation steps. (Similar this question.)

In such cases, not only space creators themselvs, but also visitors confuse personal spaces with site spaces.

Especially, when space owner use documentation theme, it is pretty difficult to know which type of the space.

Is there any good way to distinguish the difference between personal space and site space?

1 answer

1 accepted

If you hover your cursor over a page link and look at the URL, you'll see that Confluence URLs follow this format: http://host.domain.com/display/Space_key/Page_name

If the "Space_Key" portion of the URL contains a tilde (~) character, the page comes from a user's personal space.

Hi, Dave. Thank you so much for your answer.
Following your advice, I could find which kind of space.

By the way, we use Confluence with non-ascii character (e.g. Japanese), and most of the pages are linked with this rule: http://host.domain.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=nnnnnn.....

So we can hardly to know wich kind of space the target page is located.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

903 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you