Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any version of Confluence where the editor is not super buggy?

Jacob Moffatt April 5, 2021

Here's just a short and incomplete list of the bugs I encounter almost every time I try to edit a document:

• Highlighting a word or two and applying formatting will format the entire line instead
  • Positioning the delete cursor to delete an entity and then hitting Delete does nothing
  • Pressing the up or down arrow to move up or down lines doesn't work
  • Highlighting an item or items and deleting them deletes something else on the page instead
  • Using the system shortcut to paste without formatting does nothing instead of pasting unformatted text
  • Confluence shortcuts sporadically do not work like when I want to create a bullet list, sometimes nothing will happen
  • @mentions are just absolutely broken
    • one person on my team always gets an extra L prepended to his name
    • another person on my team cannot be found by searching for his first name (David M**** must type M**** instead, even though searching for David works to find David W****)
    • It's really hard to cancel out of the @mention dialog when you want to write a word with an @ prepended.
  • Basic editor navigation functionality is broken or works in unpredictable ways, like left-word/right-word not skipping entire words or getting stuck in the middle of places that don't make sense. Or beginning-of-line/end-of-line not going there.

Is it possible that we have an older version of server (7.34) and when we upgrade these issues will go away? What if we eventually (haha) make it to Cloud instead of Server? Is it still super broken on Confluence Cloud as well?

I literally have to mute myself on calls when I am taking notes during a meeting because if I don't I am swearing like a sailor every few seconds because of how often this tool is broken doing super basic tasks.

2 answers

1 vote
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2021

Hi @Jacob Moffatt I would advise you the app that can make your experience in Confluence editor less painful. It's Inplace Editor for Confluence. The app is convenient for editing long documents since it provides sectional editing that is defined by headings. See the example below. I hope that it partly helps.

1.png

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Hi Jacob

do other users also face the same problem?

Which browser are you using (any 3rd party extensions active)?

Cheers

Kurt

jagercode April 6, 2021

Not those mentioned above but these instead:

• invisible cursors now and then so you have no clue where your text will land. (using FireFox browser.)
  • Repeatedly corruption of important Gliffy diagrams after Confluence Server updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events