Is there any tool that can help to generate report from data sources...like jasper?

Pratik Patel February 17, 2015

We have need to display custom generated report from complex SQL queries. 

There is one tool that can help us with is Jasper Report tool. but its not available for Confluence 5.x

Is there any way to achieve this?. Any other tool to generate report from database.

or source code availability for archived jasper report plugin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pratik Patel February 17, 2015

Thanks Steve,

I already gone through all four pluing you stated, there are matching to my requirement at half way, there plugins help me to configure data source and let table data to be rendered on confluence page.

But my requirement is that I should be able to generate report format, not just table format. where can change data source and report will for generated in specific format..

like Jasper reporting plugin where we can specify data source, design report format and display it. but this plugin is achieved.

Yes, I have installed 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.reporting

and checking what I can do with this plugin. smile

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

I think, if you go back a little bit from the jasper way, and try to achieve your goal with the tools listed above, you can find a practicable way. If you really need jasper, use jasper reporting server and embed it with an iframe ;)

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events