Is there any problem of upgrading confluence from 5.1.2 directly to 5.3 release?

Long Nguyen October 7, 2013

1. I have updated my confluence test env from 5.1.2 to 5.2.5 successfully. But now the 5.3 has been released. I'm planning to upgrade it to 5.3 release. Any gothas of doing this?

2. Currently the Confluence on prod is 5.1.2, planing a head if test upgraded successfully to 5.3, then I will upgrade the prod from 5.1.2 directly to 5.3. Any gotchas or recommended from the Confluence gurus? Thanks............

3 answers

0 votes
Long Nguyen October 23, 2013

I have decided to upgrade the prod confluence to 5.2.5.

0 votes
Long Nguyen October 23, 2013

I have decided to upgrade the prod confluence to 5.2.5.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

Have you reviewed release notes? Are their plugins you are using? If the release/upgrade notes don't say anything then that is good. Plugins may not be updated.

From my own experience...I wouldn't do an upgrade I haven't already done in test a couple of times. You don't want to be running into bumps in your prod environment.

Also...backups. Backups of your database and your home directory if you are going to do it so you have a bit of a safety net.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events