Is there any easy way to import folder structures/files from a local path?

Melvin Glover June 30, 2013

Hello. I am working on relocating files from our C: drive into Confluence at my company. Is there any easy way to import the folder structures and files, instead of manually making folders within folders and dropping the files into those? There are literally thousands of sub-folders and files under a main "Customers" folder.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

I don't know if this would work right, and I would want to try it with a test Confluence installation where if it messes things up I could just throw it away, but you might be able to do this by accessing Confluence via webdav. When you do that, you get a file-browser view of the spaces and pages. You MIGHT (stressing that you also MIGHT NOT) be able to just drag-and-drop your file system in there.

Another way, not so easy (though you could hire someone) would be to write a script that uses the Command-line Interface (CLI), the XML/RPC interface, or similar. It might be reasonable to build something using the UWC (Universal Wiki Converter), which does something similar.

Melvin Glover July 7, 2013

Thanks! Maybe I can get the IT guy to try the latter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events