Is there any best practice of how to use Conflunce for basic HR needs?

Hello there! I would really like to know whether there are any suggestions or plug- ins I am not familiar with,that could help me manage HR issues. I thought that creating a page per employee were I could keep data(skills,training,certifications, leaves,incompliancies etc) is a good idea. Is there any other solution better?

Could Team Calendars help me on that as well, and are the in sync with MS Outlook?

Thanks in advance

Pelagia

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I found this nice plugin that lets you create more detailed user profiles

https://support.communardo.de/display/upp/User+Guide+Release+1.10

This sounds like a good start.

As for Team Calendars, I guess that depends on how many users you would have. There also might be a lot of features you won't need, since this is mainly aimed at developer teams. Otherwise, yes, it syncs with Outlook.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Subscribe+to+Team+Calendars+from+Microsoft+Outlook

Cheers

@Nicolas Bourdages By syncs with Microsoft you mean both ways? Can I enter a meeting to MS Calendar and give the info back to my Team Calendar?

That's what the documentation says. You can "subscribe" to your Outlook calendar from Confluence, and the other way around. I've never tried the plugin, but the doc seems clear on that point.

@Nicolas Bourdages I tried it and it gets data from Team Calendar to Outlook, but not backwards as it was expected.

I see. Thank you for the heads up. I really thought it could sync the other way too. Maybe open a support request with Atlassian, to see if they can explain the sync options in more details?

This widget could not be displayed.

If you decide to use the one-page-per-staff-member approach, you could use:

@Ferenc Kiss [Midori] Thanks a lot! I will give it a try and get back to you to let you know how it went Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

155 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you