Is there an add-on for navigating to the same-named page in a different space?

Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2016

All of Atlassian's documentation pages (take this one, for example), have a dropdown menu at the top that is used to easily navigate to a different space, when those spaces contain a page with the same name as the page the menu is being displayed on. This works well for their documentation versioning, because each previous version's documentation has a different space key.

I could have sworn that I saw an add-on in the marketplace at one point that did exactly this, but I'm not able to find it right now. I would like this menu to be generated by a macro in the page body.

The problem I am trying to solve is a content-organizational one. We are not doing documentation versions, but reports from a number of different people. Each person's reports would be organized into their own space, and named according to a specific event. Since the reports are all named the same, but in different spaces, using a space switcher like this would be ideal for someone reading those reports to easily switch between the reports from different people for the same event.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

I realized that the macro I was thinking of is the "Space Jump" macro. This macro will insert a link to a page with the current page's name in a different space. I am not sure how I might employ this – it seems either I can use these links to pages that don't exist to enforce consistent naming, or I can use a template to create the pages to have the links be created automatically.

Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2016

Aaaand I just learned that Space Jump is removed in Confluence 6. Back to the drawing board!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events