Is there an HTML "substitute" in Confluence Cloud?

Dan Moran September 30, 2014

We're converting from downloaded Confluence 3.5.7 to Confluence Cloud, but our 3.5.7 pages use a lot of HTML code for list alignment and within panels to create unispace font.   Is there any acceptable substitute for HTML usage in Confluence Cloud? 

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Not directly, but:

• I've heard Adaptavist's add-on has a system for HTML insertion. I haven't tried it myself. Tell us about your feedback!
  • I've created CYO Create Your Own to insert HTML/javascript content in pages, with the limitation that OnDemand add-ons are embedded using an iframe.

Good luck!

Charisma Riley October 22, 2018

I have a question about your CYO plugin when you have a chance?

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Nope. The OnDemand offering is quite locked down. You cannot install many of the add-ons in the marketplace and the options that allow you to customize Confluence in the server version are not available in the OnDemand version.

0 votes
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2016

Hi @Daniel Moran,

We've created a HTML macro as part of our toolbox of useful Confluence Cloud macros. It lets you securely embed any custom HTML and JS into any Confluence page or blog.

Try it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1215202

Keen to know if it helps you out smile

Tim

David Sumich June 20, 2019

The link above doesn't seem to point to anything useful, unless I am ignorant of what is on that page.

Joe McGlynn July 26, 2019

David, I think what that page is saying is that it's already in Jira Cloud, you don't have to add it.  Which is true.  But it doesn't actually work with the new Confluence page format that you get when you create s page.  It might work in an old style page.

0 votes
Dan Moran November 3, 2014

Hi Davin,

If I understand correctly, OnDemand Confluence also does not let me use HTML for Layouts or in Custom HTML.  Is that right?

Thanks,

Dan

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2014

Sadly, yes.

Dan Moran November 3, 2014

Thanks, Davin!

0 votes
Dan Moran October 9, 2014

Thanks, Steven!

0 votes
Dan Moran October 9, 2014

Thanks Davin and Adrien!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events