Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to write down employees tasks in a table during the meeting minutes?

Tom Sprenger August 10, 2020

Hello network,

we want to put the tasks we define during the meeting minutes in a table to give a better overview. If I am doing that, the system does not link the name and the date with the task. It also gives no notification for the employee and its not written down in the whole overview of open tasks.

I tried it with a table and to just split the side but nothing worked. 

Is there a way to put the tasks in a table during the meeting minutes which works as good as when we would write it just in bullet points?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Hi Tom, welcome to the Community!

I'm guessing you're doing something like what's show in the screenshot here (I'm using the Weekly Meeting Notes template in Confluence for this page). On the left column, you see the Date of the meeting. On the right-most column are the bullets and action items:

image.png

Is this similar to what you've got going on? You can see that I've added different due dates for each action item on the right side - even though all these theoretically were discussed during the same meeting, the date they're due might be different. The action item in Confluence really needs two pieces of information in each item to be successful in the way you've mentioned:

• One or more people assigned to the item (by @mentioning them)
  • A due date (using the // shortcut to create it)

Once both those things are there, people will be able to look at the tasks assigned to them in Confluence and see that they're approaching a due date.

You can also make use of the Task report macro to display that information on any given page:

image.pngDoes that help answer your question?

Thanks,
Daniel

Tom Sprenger August 17, 2020

Hey Daniel,

thank you for your answer, it helped me a lot.

We are doing it now in the form you suggested.

Best regards,

Tom

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events