Is there a way to view restrictions set by user or group?

sohmc September 22, 2017

I'm looking for a sane way to view restrictions set on pages by users or groups.

For example, say I have a user named BOB.  I want to know all pages where BOB is explicitly set to have restrictions, either for or against.

We're in the process of removing some groups from Crowd that serve no purpose and want to make sure they are not nested somewhere as a restriction.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi Michael,

Not this specifically, but you can view all the restricted pages in your Space Tools page:

http://your-confluence-instance/pages/listpermissionpages.action?key=KEY

This will show all the restrictions for that specific space, and you will need to do this for each space.

Let us know if you have any questions about that.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

sohmc September 25, 2017

@Shannon S, is there a way to do this via the SQL database?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi Michael,

You could use this to list all restrictions for the user:

select p.cp_type, u.username, c.title, s.spacename 
from content_perm p, spaces s, content c, user_mapping u, content_perm_set cp
where u.user_key = p.username and c.contentid = cp.content_id and s.spaceid = c.spaceid and cp.id = p.cps_id and u.username= 'USERNAME' order by c.title asc;

Keep in mind it doesn't include groups - only explicitly restricted to/for that user, as you requested.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

sohmc October 6, 2017

Thanks @Shannon S!  I'll try this out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events