Is there a way to select from a drop-down list in a table?

v-rapsel February 3, 2020

Is there a way to create a drop-down list for a column in a Confluence table (analogous to applying a Validation list to a column in an Excel worksheet) and then selecting from that list per cell in the column?  For example a column for "Priority" with drop-down list values of High, Medium, Low.

2 answers

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

Hello @v-rapsel,

You can use the Table Filter macro with a dropdown filter for this purpose.

v-rapsel February 4, 2020

Thanks so much @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ 

I checked out the documentation on Table Filters and if I am understanding it correctly, the table filters are analogous to an Excel filter over unique values in a column to filter the table rows that match the filter value, not for creating a validated drop-down box for data entry into a cell in a table column.   Is that correct?

Thanks!

~Randy

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

Yes, that's correct. I misunderstood you question. Table Filter won't solve your problem.

0 votes
Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2020

Hi @v-rapsel 

You can try  excellentable spreadsheet for confluence, which allows creation (or import) a dropdown list

Michael Aglas March 7, 2022

is this an available Macro in Confluence, couldn't find it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events