Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to select from a drop-down list in a table?

Is there a way to create a drop-down list for a column in a Confluence table (analogous to applying a Validation list to a column in an Excel worksheet) and then selecting from that list per cell in the column?  For example a column for "Priority" with drop-down list values of High, Medium, Low.

2 answers

Hello @v-rapsel,

You can use the Table Filter macro with a dropdown filter for this purpose.

Thanks so much @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ 

I checked out the documentation on Table Filters and if I am understanding it correctly, the table filters are analogous to an Excel filter over unique values in a column to filter the table rows that match the filter value, not for creating a validated drop-down box for data entry into a cell in a table column.   Is that correct?

Thanks!

~Randy

Yes, that's correct. I misunderstood you question. Table Filter won't solve your problem.

0 votes

Hi @v-rapsel 

You can try  excellentable spreadsheet for confluence, which allows creation (or import) a dropdown list

is this an available Macro in Confluence, couldn't find it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

817 views 8 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you