Is there a way to see incoming links to anchors?

Sam Sosnowski January 19, 2022

My company's Confluence uses anchor functionality quite regularly to jump to specific headings within other pages by using the Advanced linking tab and typing the "Page Name#anchor_name". 

Is there a way to see a list of incoming links an anchor has? This would be a useful feature to ensure no one edits/removes an anchor and loses functionality from other locations, but as of now I can't see a way to do so.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Generally no, as anchors are using a standard HTML construct, versus some sort of client side code. In other words, they are static construct where the link knows about the anchor, but not vice versa. Either can exist without the other existing.

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2022

That’s going to be a little tricky, but adding Google Analytics to your system should help as it can catch the #heading_id within the URL. 

Of course there’s an app for that on Atlassian Marketplace (and I’m the vendor). 

It’s still going to be a little convoluted to find what you’re after as this is quite a niche requirement. 

I'm happy to help if you wish to explore this further. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events