Is there a way to return to the exact point on a Confluence page (where your mouse was) when hitting back on your browser?

DebbieR September 25, 2014

Hi,

We have one of many user guides and use the documentation theme. When you drill down into a child page and then hit back on the browser, it comes back to the top of the list rather than holding the position on the page that it was on.  If you're going through it one by one, you have to keep scrolling back to the point you were at?

Is there a way to return to the exact point on a Confluence page (where your mouse previous was) when hitting back on your browser?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
DebbieR September 28, 2014

Thanks very much @Fred Buntingunting. Appreciate your help smile

Fred Bunting September 29, 2014

You're welcome. Feel free to give it a vote ... or accept it as an answer. :)

0 votes
Fred Bunting September 26, 2014

I believe that remembering the scroll position is the default behavior for browsers, but some browsers have problems with this.

I just tried this on Firefox 17 on a Confluence 5.5 wiki page using the Documentation Theme, and the back button remembered the scroll position with no problem.  (So there is nothing in the Confluence code that interferes with this.)

But this did not work on Chrome 27.  I see this has been reported as an issue with Chromium.

I see reports of this being an issue in Firefox 19, and Firefox 26, although attributed to the cache.

As such, there may not be much you can do inside the wiki, other than installing some complex JavaScript + cookies solution for something that is supposed to work in the browser.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events