Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to link to the current user's personal space in Confluence?

Roy Britten December 5, 2012

When emailing a group of people asking them to update their personal spaces in Confluence, it'd be nice to provide them with a link. I can provide them with a link to my space http://example.com/display/~myid as an example, but it would be nice to say "click here" rather than "open Confluence, find your name at the top of the page, hover the mouse over it, click Personal Space" which is kinda unwieldy for folks who don't use their personal space routinely.

I can't find such a link documented anywhere, and none of the macros we have seem to do anything of the sort. Ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Disclaimer- This probably isn't the best way of doing this, but it's A way of doing it.

Assumption: All users actually have a personal space created. If they don't have one, then this doesn't really work.

Create a custom user macro. Use the follow as a body:

## Macro title: custom-redirect-to-logged-in-personalspace
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: Rendered
## Output: Rendered
##
## Developed by: Timothy Wong
## Date created: 06/12/2012
## Installed by: My Name

## This is an example macro
## @noparams

<script>
AJS.$(document).ready(window.location.replace(getBaseUrl()+ AJS.Data.get("remote-user")));
</script>

Stick this macro on some page. Share that page. Anyone who hits that page will get redirected to their personal space.

Roy Britten December 6, 2012

Perhaps not the most elegant, but a fair workaround for a feature that otherwise doesn't exist. Cheers.

2 votes
Guy Lepage July 23, 2013

+1 This is a feature that should exist. We are in need of this same thing. Thx.

0 votes
Maksim Safronov March 2, 2019

Hello,

It didn't work on the 6.14.0..

Can you help to fixed it?

User macro:

Screenshot_2.png

Output:

Screenshot_1.png

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013
I needed this to be:
<script>
AJS.$(document).ready(window.location.replace(getBaseUrl()+ "/display/~"+AJS.Data.get("remote-user")));
</script>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events